There are many reasons why you would want to outfit your sink with a garbage disposal. We believe it’s one of the simplest ways to divert garbage out of landfills and immediately convert waste into something useful – biogas. For most families, one of the most common household wastes is food remains. If you use garbage disposals to process your food scraps, you can begin to imagine how big of an impact you can make for your environment.
Here are some other reasons why you should have a garbage disposal:
- Cleaner House – Since you dispose of the food scraps immediately, you don’t have to leave them in garbage bags around the house. You won’t attract any “unwanted visitors”.
- Convenient and Fast – It’s as easy as turning on garbage disposal to grind all your food waste!
- Save on Plumbing – Without a garbage disposal, it’s quite easy to rack up a plumbing bill because food can make their way down your pipes and cause them to clog. A garbage disposal ensures EVERYTHING gets chopped up and sent away.
- Affordable – Compared to the amount of money you’ll spend on plumbing bills and the amount of time you’ll spend on composting, garbage disposals will save you time and money! The best disposals you can get are around $100-$200, which is a SMALL price to pay to protect the environment, your wallet, and your time! Plus they come with great features like lifetime warranty and at-home service.
- Greener Environment – Using a garbage disposal means you’re immediately helping the environment.
Of course, there are many other ways to divert your food waste away from landfills, such as doing your own composting. But this can be very time consuming. A more practical and efficient way would be to grind them up underneath your sink.
If you own a dishwasher, you’ve probably hooked it up along with a garbage disposal too. If you haven’t, here’s why you should: garbage disposals can help take all the food scraps from the dishwasher and process them to fine pieces before sending them down the drain. This will result in fewer clogged pipes. Most people think that the disposer from their dishwasher is enough to do the job, but having a garbage disposal is added protection. In addition the garbage disposal keeps your pipes running smoothly by preventing anything from backing up into your sink.
As a waste management company, KWSG is committed to doing its part in protecting the environment and creating a greener future that can be enjoyed for years to come. While we work with commercial and industry businesses, we also hope to share our expertise and knowledge with individuals across Canada and the world through this blog. Thanks for visiting. We hope you find our tips helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions for us, please email them to us through our contact page, and we will try to address them in future blog posts.